Yugi Vs. Kaiba Yugi Vs. Kaiba

Your animation isn't great, but your voice acting is pretty awesome. GEt a better mic pls :DD

EPIC Magikarp ADVENTURE! EPIC Magikarp ADVENTURE!

omg that was freaky

Olynyte responds:

Agreed.

Dragonlanza - Teaser Dragonlanza - Teaser

Very good animation, but perhaps hire better voice actors... there's some really good ones on this site that you can hire for free...

Also, work on the script, in particular creating subtitles with correct grammar, and maybe a new script-writer lol. But good animation, though, I can see potential in this.

Sirrolandproduction responds:

The only voices I do them, and I have a really good mic for recording but I would like a better one :)
anyway, I'll take a look at the actors as you say, because my voice is not good and just wanted to do a little test of my voice.
in the subtitles, it was not me who translated and I asked someone and spend the subtitles :)
the script I did it myself, I just wanted to introduce the characters, but it has many flaws, I hope to improve the script for the next animation.

Moir Moir

great simple puzzle game. so much so that i am typing this with one hand.
wink wink.

in all seriousness, there are some flaws.
1. the fact that the whole puzzle resets every time you fail. it should stay there so i can readjust the pieces.
2. you can't readjust the pieces.

other than that, retro delight! ****1/2 out of 5.

endeavor endeavor

Dwarfism, Jumping, Pixels, and Powerful Fruit

A pixelated platformer by Zillix and hermtheworm, "endeavor" is ambient and involving. You control a dwarf trying to uncover a secret of ancient past, traversing multiple worlds of lush scenery and weaving underground caves, to lava-filled monstrous volcanoes.

This game is big. It's set in an illustrious world, that is not only a fun to explore, as it is puzzling to complete. After a quick beginning cutscene, you are introduced to artistic pixelated graphics, with ladders and jumping things, and people spout demoralizing comments as you walk past. People around you say that "You can't do this" or "You can't do that", and the whole game centers around the theme of a society that fails to try.

But you are the little dwarf that can. Amassing endurance and several genius abilities, you end up with an arsenal of tools, including some gripping gloves, a lightning gun, and a frickin awesome parachute that makes life 100x easier.

There is a noticeable lack of death in the game, such as when you stay in the water for too long, you don't drown, you just return to the surface. And when you fall from a large height your vision gets "blurry" as if you almost fainted.

There is a severe element of choice in which path you want to explore, and there are hidden treasures that make the game easier, and some are very hard to acquire. The simple pixelated graphics of the game add to endeavor's appeal, rather than hurt it.

TL;DR: endeavor is a huge exploration game that will puzzle you, thrill you, and leave you wanting more. Highly recommended.

Rating: 9/10

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Alphaland Alphaland

TIP #1: Fall. TIP #2: Fall.

A great artistic game with awesome merits, that features simplistic pixel-based design and awesome many-sided exploration. However, most of it is tedious and simplistic: "ooh what does this do?" "oh look I'm falling" kind of deal.

The #1 exploration flaw in this game is the fact that if you go deeper, you're basically winning the game. Any attempt to get to lower ground will basically get you where you want to go. But I like that sense of wonderment at how many levels there might be.

Lots of variety, 8/10. Very nice.

vol1song1 vol1song1

0:00 musical scribble! i like this
0:21 sounding very compose-y! interesting......
0:29 you have some stuff in the background

0:12 i see
0:16 okkkkkkk i like this melody though..... whoa
0:21 ok i like that
0:24 lol

ok the beat was actually pretty awesome but really that voice though loooooooooooool 4.5/5 for the music..... actually

Father-of-Death responds:

Lol you are awesome thank you for all of your awesome reviews!

super cool newgrounds techno song super cool newgrounds techno song

0:00 ITS TECHNO
0:59 very interseting
1:05 dat synth bit loud but i like how it devolves into beautiful arps
1:17 it gets a bit beautiful here
1:23 ok that wasn't bad at all

dat be a 3.5 in my book and i think you were being a bit ironic i think? but some parts were unironically good and i liked them. this is cool!

zigzag

Father-of-Death responds:

I have no clue, thanks for the revieeeeew

Guardian of the Magpies Guardian of the Magpies

even ur quick doodles mak me cri

E X I S T O R E X I S T O R

Wow. How can I get this as my wallpaper lol. You are one of the best artists I know of on this site.

Carrion responds:

I'll put together a high res picture and pm it to you. <3

Rebellion Festival Poster Rebellion Festival Poster

hey Decky,

On first impression, the art is very grainy and angst-filled. The background looks like you kinda just got the spray can in paint and sprayed a few blotches of white here and there. The presentation is quite chaotic, which sticks true to the theme of what you're trying to advertise, and the textures are quite raw.

You have executed your idea of rebellion quite consistently, and I can see what you are trying to do with the image of the guy in the middle. But it doesn't seem like the whole thing is cohesive, like it was just pasted on top. The stick figures and drawings in the background look kind of amateur too, even though it was probably on purpose. It looks a bit rushed.

However this poster serves it purpose. You display the theme of rebellion quite well, but the text is slightly hard to read because of the contrast of the red, black and white. It kind of looks like "rebellio festival" if you ask me (missing the 'n'). It does evoke rebellion as an emotion, a metaphor, and that you have succeeded at. It's just that your skill must match your vision.

You explore the subject of rebellion in a relatively competent manner, but it somehow doesn't seem like a fully-fleshed out theme is thought of. I think it's also added by the paint-esque signature on the bottom-left hand corner, with the smiley tongue-poking face, that seems kind of cheaply done. As for the punk influence, the guy's red fluorescent hair makes him seem like a punk-ish dude, but I'm not sure that the sign or stance reflects a punk attitude.

Overall, a well-realized vision of a poster, but could be well improved upon, if you had taken more time to care about the quality of what you were making.